Treating Periodontal Disease in the Post-Antibiotic Age, Tanya Dunlap, PhD
Reducing a chronic infectious burden, like gum disease, on the immune system makes it possible for the body to focus on other infectious or inflammatory challenges. We’ve tried Antibiotics. They have a temporary effect and the infectious cycle continues. You can treat your patients more effectively with long-term success using prescription tray delivery of hydrogen peroxide gel deep into periodontal pockets. Research shows that this delivery combined with SRP leads to more significant pocket depth and bleeding reductions than SRP alone. This presentation review the benefits of hydrogen peroxide, patient candidate selection, treatment protocols and office logistics to make implementation easy. 1 CE, AGD Subject Code 490.
- Identify the benefits and limitations of antimicrobials with oxidative and oxygenating reactions for biofilm management.
- Recognize patient candidates who can benefit from Rx Tray therapy and the appropriate tray treatment protocol.
- Compare patient results with a simple number that helps patients understand the importance of treatment.
NGS and Osteogenic Potential, Dr. Duane Keller
Next Generation DNA Sequencing offers a robust analysis of oral biofilm, detecting more than 50,000 microbes and classifying them as gram positive or gram negative and as aerobes, anaerobes, facultative anaerobes or fungal species. This comprehensive analysis gave Dr. Duane Keller unique insights on the kinds of shifts that occur in microbial samples as he tracked diseased sites that were treated and subsequently presented as healthy. 1 CE, AGD Subject Code 490.
- How biofilm populations shift from disease to health
- How to extract pocket samples for analysis
- Two different ways to use this testing
What Successful Dentists Do Differently, Gary Kadi and Dr. Brian Davey
Good dentistry does not always translate into profitability and financial success. With reverse engineering, we show you how to determine the revenue potential for your practice and how you can reach it using the hygiene department as the engine of growth.
You believe in and practice oral systemic health, and now it's time to get your team and patients on board. Our meta-data of a thousand practices and 6 million treatment plans shows that only 8% of patients are presented perio treatment and only 4% accept. This has got to change - and you can do something about it. 1 CE, AGD Subject Code 550.
Learning Objectives: at the end of this course, you will know
- How to position your office as a Complete Health Practice
- How to use a Healthy Mouth Baseline and a simple standard of care for patient education and team organization
Why The Heck Are We Using Insurance Companies Anyway? Dr. MJ Hanlon
Current payment methodologies and arising new methodologies in direct reimbursement indicate dentists should reconsider using insurance companies. An evaluation of direct reimbursement dental membership plans shows that it creates a reliable recurrent revenue, it increase uninsured patient visits by making dental care services more accessible. It improves patient engagement, treatment acceptance and satisfaction. It create direct relationship with patients that remove all the hassles and costs associated with insurance and third party administrators. 0.75 CE, AGD Subject Code 550.
- How to set up an effective dental membership plan
- Benefits and limitations of available dental membership plans currently in used reliable.
- Predictable method for increasing recurring revenue streams and why this is so important to the health of your business.
CBD and Oral Health, Chris Jurist Baus and Tom Bauer
There is a clear trend toward natural ingredients in dental products and new interest in the potential of CBD products. This presentation explores the possibilities of augmenting dental care and practice using CBD products, specifically mouth rinse and toothpaste. The scientific literature is expanding rapidly and data will be examined. 1.15 CE, AGD Subject Code 730.
- Understanding the difference between Hemp products
- How CBD may be effective in Dental Practice
- In-depth review of specific products for dental care
Ask the Experts Part 1: How Do They Do That? Panel Discussion with Experienced and Successful Providers Dr. Andrea Foley, Kathe Swanson RDH, Drs. Ilenne and Joseph Noetzel, Dr. Bruce Cochrane.
Highly successful providers discuss how they implemented and sustained Perio Tray therapy in their practices. Send you questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org. 1.5 CE, AGD Subject Code 490.
- Understand how other offices have successfully implemented new treatment therapies and protocols.
- Gain new ideas and insights into office organization and patient presentation.
Ultra-Case Acceptance Workshop, Dr. Anissa Holmes
Your priority is patient health. You’re also running a business and need to be successful. These priorities are compatible and can be achieved with excellent verbal skills. In this interactive workshop, you will get pearls that you can use right away in everyday practice. Learn how to tackle the barriers to get past the money, hold teams accountable to present treatment that will benefit patient health, and help patients understand the importance of your treatment. 2 CE, AGD Subject Code 550.
- Better understand the best words for case presentation and how to build rapport with patients.
- Understand the process of using emption vs logic in your case presentation.
- Get past the barriers that can be created by cost or fear of rejection and hold teams accountable to have conversations with patients.
High Return Marketing Workshop, Dr. Anissa Holmes
This workshop is specifically designed for professionals who are ready to integrate prescription trays into your practice as well as those wanting to grow the complex care aspect of their practice –cosmetic, implant, clear aligners/airway, and rehabilitative dentistry. We will review the essential strategies of marketing to new and existing patients with an eye to implement proven systems that do not distract you from your essential role providing care. 1.75 CE, AGD Subject Code 550.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to identify:
- Marketing strategies lead to higher case acceptance.
- Little known ways to leverage Facebook and Google to attract more high-value patients.
- Funnel marketing techniques for practice growth.
Ask the Experts Part 2: Treatment Planning for restorative work and periodontal therapy with Dr. Kelly Blodgett, Meghan Dunham RDH, Dr. Duane Keller, Dr. Brian Davey.
A new patient presents to your office with decay, moderate periodontal disease, and an old crown that needs to be replaced. The panel discusses this scenario and others showcasing the balancing act you face every day addressing patient health and financial concerns. 1.15 CE, AGD Subject Code 490.
- Understand the value of a comprehensive treatment program for case acceptance.
- Gain new ideas and insights into treatment options with prescription tray therapy.